Tuesday 31 December 2013

Cape Town To Victoria Falls



2013-NCV-cape-town-to-victoria-falls.jpg

Day 1 South Africa – Cederberg Mountain Region
Leaving Cape Town we make our first stop at Table View and take photos of Table Mountain from across Table Bay. On the way to the Cederberg we visit !Khwa ttu where we enjoy a San guided tour and museum visit. After the tour, lunch will be prepared, after which we continue to our campsite in the Cederberg region. We arrive at our camp and your guides will give you a full briefing on the tour. Meals: Lunch, Dinner

25th December 2013

Up and off that was the plan, the plan worked reasonably well, we had breakfast jumped in the Park Inn Merc for a short ride to Nomads Cape Town office. There we meet Shingi and Zenzo and the rest of the campers. I was feeling a little bit strange about travelling with a new group of people, but as I once said to Forrest "lifes like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get". I now fully understand what Thomas was talking about when you jump on a new tour, I hear you Thomas...

At our departure briefing we were told our first included activity had been cancelled because they had gone on holiday. Which meant that our first day on tour was just a drive to the campsite with the obligatory toilet / coffee stops and one shopping stop. But given it was xmas day very little was open. We also got in a photo stop with a view back to Table Mountain, it looked clear with no wind.

The campsite was nice enough, grassy area for the tents and a big undercover area with an honour bar. (works on the honesty system, you take a drink you leave the owners the money) They had a nice pool and not surprisingly and assortment of big dog running around.

We had a demonstration of how to setup and pull down a tent which we skipped (I did check with Zenzo if it was okay for us to skip the demo first) as we had that sorted.
We met Annabella and Juran at the pool, they are recently graduated Biology students from Holland having an extended holiday.After Dinner Shingi gave a tour briefing which was very though, two things that will make some of you laugh was "the piling of heaps of food onto your plate" and the "roster will be posted on the door and you will be required to help on your allocated day". I know it made me laugh, at least on the inside.

Next we had the get to know you speeches, where everyone gets to tell a little bit about themselves. Mine was "I'm Andrew, I'm a pisces and I don't like long romantic walks on the beach and Lisa is my human shield"

We met Annabella and Juram at the pool, they are recently graduated Biology students from Holland having an extended holiday.After Dinner Shingi gave a tour briefing which was very though, two things that will make some of you laugh was "the piling of heaps of food onto your plate" and the "roster will be posted on the door and you will be required to help on your allocated day". I know it made me laugh, at least on the inside.

Next we had the get to know you speeches, where everyone gets to tell a little bit about themselves. Mine was "I'm Andrew, I'm a pisces and I don't like long romantic walks on the beach and Lisa is my human shield"



No comments:

Post a Comment